Protein Interactions in Solution Characterized by Light and Neutron Scattering:
Comparison of Lysozyme and Chymotrypsinogen
2. Virial coefficient and crystallization patterns for lysozyme (this page)
Virial coefficient and crystallization patterns for lysozyme
- The virial coefficients decrease and eventually become negative as the electrolyte concentration is increased.
- The coefficients decrease with increasing pH.
- The magnitude of the pH-induced changes decreases with increasing electrolyte concentration.
- A very good agreement between SLS and SANS is obtained without fitting parameters.
Lysozyme crystallization: Two typical crystal modifications by regular and polarized microscopy
The crystallization pattern shows good qualitative correspondence to the virial coefficient pattern.
© Copyright O. D. Velev et al. 1999